Saturday, November 23, 2013

Paint ALL THE SOLOS

  This post originally was going to have 3 solos and a full blown folding table full of terrain, and then my wife and I were beset by the ever terrible painting mood where we simply want to sit down, let Pandora make sure we're still alive ocassionally, and paint.  It's a pretty awesome past time that we've discovered we thoroughly enjoy doing together.  So much, in fact, that my wife now has her own Khador army, not because she wants to play them, but because she enjoys painting so much.  However, I didn't get pics of them yet, so I'll show off the six single models we did instead.

  Taryn.  This gal got super popular overnight with the recent errata.  I bought her early last week along with Reinholdt, eCaine and Sylys (No idea what's happening there...  All of them are painted below though) and my wife decided she needed to look like Robin Hood.  I had actually not looked at this model too close, and suddenly realized why she can't seem to get rid of Rutger Shaw.  Two reasons, really.  I'm pretty sure that someone was on a Tomb Raider Game playing marathon when they modelled her.  My wife did pretty awesome with her though, and I reeeaallly like how she turned out.  The tree hides a lot of the detail, but keeps her kinda modest too.  

  I love this terrain, incidentally.  It's super easy.  Little trees from Hobby Lobby that were on sale.  I've used probably... 20 of them, and I don't think I've even used half of the package.  The Chile Pepper Flakes that you see as the fall leaves are also awesome, cheap, and I have tons of them.  

  Next we've got a model I painted.  I didn't know what to do with this guy.  I've owned Rhupert for probably three months now, and haven't known what to paint the guy.  He's just such a weird model.  But brown seemed to suit him, and I knew I kinda wanted to do a tartan on the bagpipe, so I ran with it.  I actually really like how this turned out, and I believe he's in my top 10 favorite models that I own now.


  My wife then tackled Sylys.  She didn't really know what to do with him either, and actually kind of went with a theme much closer to her Khador ice/blue theme.  That's perfectly fine, because I half expect her to use him more than I do.

  
  
  She also did Reinholdt, deciding he needed to be a bit more of a city slicker kind of dude.  I hate this model, she's ok with it, and I like her paintjob.  I forgot to actually base him though.


  I'm not proud of this guy below.  I love Runewood's model, but I don't know how to handle that much metal.  I am not happy of how he turned out, but don't hit the back button yet.  Just skip to eCaine.


  Ok, so eCaine.  The pCaine alt-sculpt is a few posts behind this one, and I love that model, and like how it turned out.  This guy already comes with a base, and I actually really like it, so didn't really want to change it up any.  Added some flakes to it, and called it good.


  That's all I've got for today, folks.  The painting table is still crowded.  I've got a Harlan Versh and Gorman both to finish, on top of ATGM, Stormblades, a second unit of Rangers, and my Avenger and Hunter.  The Blades, Hunter and Avenger have all been base coated for... six months now.  Need to finish them.  Tomorrow, however, I'll have my table posted.  It was too much for one post, so I wanted to catch a few more pictures of it, assemble it a bit better, and present it all in one post.  Tune back in tomorrow!  I've also got a Batrep with eCaine vs. trollblood's Jarl here in the next few days on the new table too, so heads up for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment